[mythtv-users] New User - Mandrake vs fedora

Rod B RDB ROCK rdbrock78 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 4 20:05:01 EDT 2004

Hello ,

I would like to get some suggestions from the experts please....
I am a completely a new user, Im currently trying to find out what best OS
to use to get MythTv working...   what should i use?  Mandrake 9.0 ,9.1 or
10...???

I currently intalled Fedora Core 1, ( which is what i have currently )
however  i had some performance issues , the gui was great and looks nice. (
currently tried installing Freevo on it, But had some issues installing few
SLD mixers/ Python packages, locks up and took forever to install some
packages )..

Can someone please post a step by step guide link on how to install
MythTV...
would be greatly appreciated...

FYI,Im Currently running on my Hometheater PC :
PIII 866mhz 133fsb ( NW)
512 mb PC2700
Voodoo 5 agp
Haupaugge Capture board ( wintv PCI )