[mythtv-users] Problem after LIRC loads on boot

Steve Dorsey steve at dorseygraphics.com
Sun Apr 4 15:43:41 EDT 2004

Hello

   After altering my rc.local file, my machine started siezing on
restart while loading things. I booted from a knoppmyth CD and ctrl-esc
out to a command line, where I mounted my HDA2 drive and fixed the
rc.local file in vi. Everything was back to normal, but the system will
still not boot.

  On boot, I get the RedHat progress bar for a while, then I am dumped
into the terminal (or boot list, or whatever it's called). A lot of
stuff scrolls along (Mounting local filesystems, Enabling swap space,
other things like that), and then it starts loading drivers (I think).
The last line before hang is:

  lirc_register_plugin:sample_rate: 10

   Does anyone know what loads after LIRC?

  I'm desperate here. I've invested WAY too much time (like 100 hours)
getting this system working, and I REALLY do not want to start over. I
gotta figure this one out.

  Thanks in advance,