[mythtv-users] Cannot Continue Beyond Get and install MythTV

Chua KianTeck chua_kianteck at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 21:12:15 EST 2004

Hi,

Followed Jarod's guide up to step 10 - Get and install MythTV.  When I
executed the apt-get to get the mythtv-suite:

# apt-get install mythtv-suite
apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  ImageMagick ImageMagick556 arts bzip2-devel directfb faad2
fftw2-single flac
  freeglut hicolor-icon-theme jasper kdeaddons kdebase kdelibs
kdenetwork lame
  lcms libcdaudio libdvdcss libdvdread libfame libid3tag libmad libmyth
  libpostproc live lzo mjpegtools mplayer mplayer-fonts mplayer-skins
  mythbrowser mythdvd mythgallery mythgame mythmkmovie mythmusic mythnews
  mythtv mythtv-backend mythtv-frontend mythtv-theme-gant mythtv-theme-photo
  mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy mythtv-theme-sleek mythtv-theme-visor mythvideo
  mythweather mythweb openmotif openslp perl-Class-MethodMaker perl-Curses
  perl-HTML-TableExtract perl-HTML-Tree perl-Term-ProgressBar
perl-TermReadKey
  perl-Tk perl-XML-Twig perl-XML-Writer perl-XMLTV php-mysql qt qt-MySQL
  redhat-artwork themer transcode w32codec xmltv-grabbers xvidcore
xvidcore09
The following packages will be upgraded
  arts kdeaddons kdebase kdelibs kdenetwork qt redhat-artwork
  ImageMagick ImageMagick556 bzip2-devel directfb faad2 fftw2-single flac
  freeglut hicolor-icon-theme jasper lame lcms libcdaudio libdvdcss
libdvdread
  libfame libid3tag libmad libmyth libpostproc live lzo mjpegtools mplayer
  mplayer-fonts mplayer-skins mythbrowser mythdvd mythgallery mythgame
  mythmkmovie mythmusic mythnews mythtv mythtv-backend mythtv-frontend
  mythtv-suite mythtv-theme-gant mythtv-theme-photo
mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy
  mythtv-theme-sleek mythtv-theme-visor mythvideo mythweather mythweb
  openmotif openslp perl-Class-MethodMaker perl-Curses
perl-HTML-TableExtract
  perl-HTML-Tree perl-Term-ProgressBar perl-TermReadKey perl-Tk
perl-XML-Twig
  perl-XML-Writer perl-XMLTV php-mysql qt-MySQL themer transcode w32codec
  xmltv-grabbers xvidcore xvidcore09
7 upgraded, 65 newly installed, 0 removed and 15 not upgraded.
Need to get 128MB of archives.
After unpacking 171MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing
freeglut 2.2.0-1_3.rhfc1.at [87.7kB]
Get:2 http://freshrpms.atrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386/freshrpms libmad
0.15.1b-1.fr [79.8kB]
Get:3 http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 1/stable ImageMagick
5.5.7.15-0.fdr.0.1 [1943kB]
Get:4 http://planetccrma.atrpms.net fedora/1/i386/planetccrma faad2
2.0-1.rc3.rhfc1.ccrma [411kB]
Get:5 http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386/core openmotif
2.2.2-16.1 [1412kB]
Err http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing directfb
0.9.20-1.rhfc1.at
  404 Not Found
Get:6 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing
fftw2-single 2.1.5-1_8.rhfc1.at [187kB]
:
:
:
Get:36 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing
perl-Tk 800.024-6.rhfc1.at [9918kB]
Get:37 http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 1/stable kdeaddons 0:3.2.1-0.fdr.1.1
[1776kB]
Err http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 1/stable kdebase 6:3.2.1-0.fdr.6.1
  404 Not Found
Get:38 http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 1/stable kdelibs 6:3.2.1-0.fdr.5.1
[14.0MB]
Get:39 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing
perl-XML-Twig 3.11-0_5.rhfc1.at [130kB]
:
:
:
Get:46 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing
mplayer-skins 4:1.0-pre3_12.at [11.5MB]
Get:47 http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 1/stable openslp 0:1.0.11-0.fdr.6.1
[73.1kB]
Err http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 1/stable qt 1:3.3.1-0.fdr.2.1
  404 Not Found
Get:48 http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 1/stable redhat-artwork
0.92-0.fdr.0.1 [4149kB]
Get:49 http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 1/stable arts 8:1.2.1-0.fdr.0.1 [1064kB]
Get:50 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing
w32codec 4:1.0-7.at [11.6MB]
Err http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 1/stable qt-MySQL 1:3.3.1-0.fdr.2.1
  404 Not Found
Get:51 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing
mplayer 4:1.0-pre3_27.rhfc1.at [6121kB]
:
:
:
Fetched 100MB in 29m56s (55.8kB/s)
Failed to fetch
http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net/apt/kde-redhat/1/RPMS.stable/kdebase-3.2.1-0.fdr.6.1.i386.rpm
404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net/apt/kde-redhat/1/RPMS.stable/qt-3.3.1-0.fdr.2.1.i386.rpm
404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/fedora/1/en/i386/RPMS.at-testing/directfb-0.9.20-1.rhfc1.at.i386.rpm
404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net/apt/kde-redhat/1/RPMS.stable/qt-MySQL-3.3.1-0.fdr.2.1.i386.rpm
404 Not Found
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
--fix-missing?

So, I performed an apt-get update as suggested by the last line of the
message above.

I the performed another apt-get install mythtv-suite, hopefully to
install mythtv.  This time I get a different error message:
# apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  mythtv-suite: Depends: mythtv (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythtv-backend (>= 0.14) but it is not going to
be installed
                Depends: mythtv-frontend (>= 0.14) but it is not going
to be installed
                Depends: mythmusic (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythvideo (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythweb (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythweather (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythgallery (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythgame (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythnews (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythbrowser (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-photo (>= 4) but it is not going
to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy (>= 0.20031214) but
it is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-visor (>= 1:0.13.1) but it is not
going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-sleek (>= 0.35) but it is not
going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-gant (>= 0.pr1) but it is not
going to be installed
                Depends: mythmkmovie (>= 1.0.1) but it is not going to
be installed
E: Broken packages

I then did a trace down the dependency tree by running:

# apt-get install mythtv
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  mythtv: Depends: libmyth (= 0.14) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

# apt-get install libmyth
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  libmyth: Depends: directfb but it is not installable

I did a check at http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/fc1/ and found
that directfb is marked "bleeding".  I don't think I want a "bleeding"
package.

So, why has it come to such point?  What should I do next? :-(

Regards
KianTeck

PS: Sorry for the long message.