[mythtv-users] [OT] MythTV & LIRC

Buechler, Mark R Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com
Sat Apr 3 16:28:05 EST 2004

I have an RS 15-2116 remote and I've been trying to find the best IR
protocol (auto repeat support, fast, etc) and so far I've come up with a
Sony protocol (0639) but the repeat speed is very high. I've tried setting
the "repeat" option in lircrc but this really doesn't work all that well.

It seems the best way to handle this would be similar to a keyboard buffer.
When one or more keypress events occurs they get entered into a buffer. A
timer is set to read this buffer at a given interval (maybe 1 sec) and
passes on unique keystrokes and throws away repeats. It would also be nice
to have an interval of time before auto-repeat is activated (like 5 secs).

Does anyone know of any replacement for irxevent which simulates this or
know of another IR protocol which would work better for this type of
behavior?

Bausch & Lomb
150 Years of Perfecting Vision, Enhancing Life (TM)

EMAIL DISCLAIMER

Please Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential, protected from disclosure, and/or intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
disclosure, distribution, copying or other dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in
error, please immediately reply to the sender, delete the message and
destroy all copies of it.

Thank You