[mythtv-users] VGA chip fan replacement on a Chaintech 7NIF2 board

The Werpys werpy at brookings.net
Sat Apr 3 13:45:23 EST 2004

It seems from reading a bunch of different posts to this mailing list
that a bunch of myth users are using the Chaintech 7NIF2 board for their
mythbox.

My question to these people is:  Has anyone out there with this board
replaced the graphics chip fan with a different heatsink or fan?

The reason I'm asking is beacuse this fan has started to put out a
fairly loud whine on my system.  With quiet fans for the case and
processor this fan is easily the loudest one in the system (the power
supply fan is second).  Lately the noise from this fan is just getting
louder.  If I pop open the case while its running and stop the fan for a
moment the noise (at least the farily high pitched humm) goes away.

So, if you've replaced this fan Iet me know.  I would like to know first
what you replaced it with and second how hard it was.