[mythtv-users] Re: Re:mplayer, ivtv, pvr-350, mpeg2/nuv files are out of sync

gabe at mustbethemoney.com gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Sat Apr 3 12:48:02 EST 2004

Well I am not sure I would say the frame drop is not noticable, but this
does fix the sync issue, and given the choice of audio/video sync or some
degraded quality from the framedrop, I choose the latter!  Thanks for
pointing this trick out to me.  Incidently, I can play any format through
the PVR-350 (MPEG-4 and MPEG-2) and they all roughly have the same
quality, which while not superb, is acceptable.  I am still wondering why
the nuv file (renamed to .mpg) looks inferior when played from mplayer via
mythvideo than however mythtv plays it.

 On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 08:10:53PM -0500, Gabe wrote:
> This is my command line option set in mythvideo: "mplayer -fs -zoom
> -quiet -vo x11 %s"

Try adding a "-framedrop" - that will help in case your CPU is a bit too
slow for the decoding. That was the problem with my myth setup (a
P3-450), but once I added the framedrop, vids seem to play nicely (and
the frame dropping isn't very noticable!).

Dan