[mythtv-users] Fast Playback

Mark C lotrfan at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 11:47:47 EST 2004

I don't know what happened.  I had mythtv up and
running great.  My setup: Fedora Linux on a Shuttle
SK-41G, Hauppauge pvr-250, onboard s-video out.  I
didn't reconfigure anything that wasn't part of the
base install if I didn't have to.  The only thing that
wasn't as described related to the recordings: 1 hour
recordings took 2.2 gb of hard drive space (had
expected this to be about 1.1 gb).

All of a sudden (and I honestly can't remember
changing anything before it happened) 1 hour
recordings only take 1.1 gb, but playback isn't
working right.  Suddenly playback is running at double
speed.  During playback mythfrontend displays the
program length as half of expected (although the full
length is, in fact recorded).  And TV viewing is
affected the same way (but more distorted if not
playing from buffer).

I appreciate any help.  BTW I'd best warn you that I'm
a total linux newbie and have really pat myself on the
back getting some of the less-standard hardware (esp
the USB 802.11b card and the Hauppauge remote) working.