[mythtv-users] Re: OT: Migrating from Red Hat 9.0 to Fedora

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Apr 3 11:24:22 EST 2004

Yes, have a look at fedoralegacy.org

> 2. How difficult is upgrading to Fedora as it relates to Myth,
> specifically.  Can I just put in the CD and so an in-place upgrade or is
> that mostly a pipe dream?

This will update all your Fedora base rpms, then adjust the
sources.list and dist-upgrade to upgrade the rest. You can even skip
the part with the Fedora CDs and use only apt for upgrading, but it is
a tiny bit involved (but that's how all my own systems but one got Fedora
on them ;). Hint: Update kernel, the glibc, then "upgrade" and finaly
"dist-upgrade". Watch the output at every step to correct possible
packging bugs (e.g. perl vs perl-CGI etc.)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net