[mythtv-users] Aitech Wavewatcher

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Fri Apr 2 12:18:33 EST 2004

On Friday 02 April 2004 12:07, James Orr wrote:
> Has anybody used the Aitech Wavewatcher with mythtv, does it work?
>
> http://store.yahoo.com/surpluscomputers/aiwatvtvtuvi.html

There are two versions of this card in circulation.  The one that I have uses
teh Zoran 36120 chip and its linux kernel driver seems to be broken.  You may
be able to get it working with on old 2.4 series kernel (say 2.4.8 or so).  I
didn't try.  This is the "official" version of this card

There is an also an OEM version that is unsupported by Aitech.  I believe that
it uses the bt878 chip, so it will probably work with linux, this with
mythtv.

The way to tell is to count the large chips on the card.  If it has two, then
its a zoran based one that with a broken linux driver.  If it has one, then
its a bt878, and should/could work.

Mark