[mythtv-users] Question re. PVR250 install question. Fedora

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 20:12:55 EST 2004

> I was wondering, following that Howto on wilsonet.net page I
> did not get if I should install Fedora WITHOUT PVR250
> installed in the computer, or should I have it in the
> conputer before I even start the install. Also same question
> with the sound card.
>
> Or should I just plug in card after card once I go through
> those separate section (once I get to ALSA install audio
> card, and etc...) ?

I would recomend that you have all cards installed in their final locations
before starting. It is quite possible that the motherboard will assign
different IRQ and addresses to things when you plug in a new card which
could screw things up royally.

Of course it may not matter at all but why take the chance?