[mythtv-users] FW: Pvr250 issues - any suggestions?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Thu Apr 1 17:52:48 EST 2004

Kevin Russell wrote:

>While I really don't want to spend any more money, would a pvr350 do the
>trick?

The interlacing issues aren't the fault of the card they're the fault of
your video drivers.  Nvidia has said they'll be fixing interlaced video
next driver release.  The 350 WILL output an interlaced signal but it's
pretty much useless for anything but watching TV.

>Or is my only solution to buy a replaytv or tivo.  I really love myth
>though and I'm not that picky.  I find it extremely hard to believe that
>people just put up with what I'm seeing - it's watchable but extremely
>annoying.

Chances are you don't have your video output setup properly.  I'm VERY
picky about my video as is my wife, we're both pleased with the quality
output from our Geforce 4.  It looks much better than our Tivo did.