[mythtv-users] Mythmusic - CVS and other scary things

Steve Dorsey steve at dorseygraphics.com
Thu Apr 1 13:44:41 EST 2004

Hello

   I FTPd my 24GB of MP3s across to the Myth box. Woohoo! It allowed me
time to get some lunch.

   Now that the music is there, I am finding that accessing it is
slooooooow. Myth lets me into the music listening area, and I can
choose songs, but - even if I choose only 2 or 3 songs - response is
painfully slow when playing them. I have thousands of tunes in the
giant "select music" list, but only 3 songs are selected.

   I searched the gossamer threads, and I found a few (very colorful)
threads dealing with database accessing and fixes or "patches". They
mentioned CVS. All I know about CVS is that it is used for version
control for developers. We used it once at a dot-com I worked at to
keep track of changes for our back-end technology development. Since I
was a web designer, I never needed it much. I just created templates
and gave them to developers.

   Do I really need to install CVS to get these fixes for MythMusic? I
sure hope not - I'm feeling like a developer more and more every day,
and I'm not sure if I'm ready to be that intelligent. My head may
explode.

Either way, good work, y'all. I appreciate your help.