[mythtv-users] Re: ASUS Digimax Barebones

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Thu Apr 1 01:58:06 EST 2004

Unless Asus is releasing drivers, esp for the hdtv tuner portion,
it would be a brick under Linux.

I drooled over it, and passed.
I just don't need the headache of running a net connected Windows box.

For anyone else, it appears a killer little toy.

OTOH, if they released a custom Debian (or whatever) distro with a
modified Mythtv, and all the drivers, preconfigured, they would rule the
world, or at least my wallets small portion thereof.

(assuming the picture didn't suck)

I doubt they could make them fast enough then.