[mythtv-users] Mythbackend fails to autostart on MDK9.1

David Wachs dbwmyth at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 23:27:12 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody can shed some light here.
I'm trying to get mythbackend to start automatically
upon system boot (using the directions in the
documentation).  It fails, but I can run it from the
command line just fine.

This is what is put in the log file:

Starting up as the master server.
Channel::Open(): Can't open: /dev/video0
/dev/video0: No such file or directory
Channel::Open(): Can't open: /dev/video0
/dev/video0: No such file or directory
Couldn't find input: Tuner 0 on card
Channel::Open(): Can't open: /dev/video0
/dev/video0: No such file or directory
Couldn't find input: Tuner 0 on card

I'm wondering if its trying to start before the PVR250
gets initialized?  How would I fix this?

Thanks in advance,
David