[mythtv-users] Re: Channel change - multiple ringbuffers

Sean, Sharon and Kyle Harbour sharbours at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 13:58:27 EDT 2003

Here's a thought. What if the ringbuffer kept a separate file for
each channel, and deleted the oldest as required to free up space?
That way, switching back to a channel that was already in the
ringbuffer should be a little faster, plus you would be able to
rewind whatever was in it. There would be a 'skip spot' from where it
stopped buffering while you were viewing a different channel. Is this
something that would be easy to implement, or not worth the time?

FYI, I have an AMD 1200, and it takes about 3 seconds to change
channels using EXT3. I'll change it to ReiserFS tonight and see if it
helps.

Sean Harbour