[mythtv-users] PVR-250 OEM "Freestyle" on E-Bay

Sean shomann2 at insightbb.com
Tue Sep 30 15:11:14 EDT 2003

A little more clarification on the differences:

The Freestyle does indeed use the same chipset and is what is ooficially
approved for Windows Media Center PCs. (although the retail PVR-250 will
work, apparently). It is an OEM part, but the 250 drivers (and firmware I
believe) will work.

Perhaps the biggest difference is that the Freestyle does not ship with
remote or IR blaster and the audio connection on the backplane of the card
is an RCA pair instead of micro jack (which I prefer).

I am personally very glad I found them as I am able to start my system at 2
tuners rather than having to save up. Sorry for the confusion about retail
availibilty - NewEgg has the PVR-250 with remote and blaster for $145 for
those that are interested.

- Sean