[mythtv-users] further questions on channel changing...

Sam Byrne mythtv at ardentworks.com
Tue Sep 30 11:58:59 EDT 2003

I see that channel changing is clearly a sore subject here but, alas, I
have a channel changing question.

Disclaimer: This is probably my fault, but I'm not sure where to go to
fix the problem.

I just recently completed the configuration of mythtv with an external
directv receiver (using a serial connection to change channels).  I
scheduled a bunch of programs to be recorded and, over the course of a
couple of days, the backend dutifully tried to record the programs.  The
problem is that it doesn't appear that mythbackend changed the channel
before it started trying to record a program leaving me with a couple
gig worth of PBS shows... ;)  I can change the channel just fine while
watching live tv...ideas?

Thanks.
Sam
--