[mythtv-users] channel changing speed, is 3 seconds normal?

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Sep 30 10:18:46 EDT 2003

>From my experiences (IIRC I recently posted this, maybe it was on the Dev
list..) the filesystem change may not help much at all.  I get a consistent
4+ seconds, never under.  This is with 2gb ringbuffer-only partition on XFS,
*shared* drive with the OS also, standalone 1GHz Athlon and pvr250.  I'd be
interested in knowing the setup, including filesystem type & whether or not
it's a dedicated drive, of those who've reported 1-2 second channel changes.

- Willy