[mythtv-users] questions about new hardware

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Sep 30 09:41:48 EDT 2003

As to your second question, looks like the Hauppauge PVR-350 would be your
best bet.  The 250 will work just fine as well, but if you want the
possibility of mpeg2 decoding (that you mentioned), get the 350.  (Or an
old, first revision 250, maybe... those has decoding chip as well).

To the second:  be careful asking about channel change speed around here ;-)
j/k... I spent a couple hours finally reading through some of the source
last night, but I'm not going to pose any more questions or theories until I
have a really good handle on things.

- Willy