[mythtv-users] RE: Two Bugs in Mythtv v0.11 & Two Usability Requests

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Sep 30 02:01:08 EDT 2003

> Sure there is.  Send 'DONE' to the backend, and it'll clean up the connection
> properly.  The problem as I'm aware of it is that you're closing connection
> when it's still trying to use them.

ok, I've done this.  well, I did it.  When I send 'DONE' as a backend
command, even when I don't bother to wait for a response (should I?), it
makes page loads VERY slow.  I assume that this is mythbackend
recreating the socket info every time?

I tried this with the pixmap creation code (no idea why it uses a
separate data pointer, I need to look into that more, since I think it
creates and destroys it for each pixmap it tries to grab), and if I send
a 'DONE' whenever the file pointer is meant to be destroyed, mythweb
takes about 3-5 seconds longer per 'DONE' that gets executed.  This is
consistent with disconnecting at the end of the script each time (since
that's only one disconnect, the page only takes 3-5 seconds longer).

I've left the code in, but disabled the instances that call the
disconnect until I get get some more info about what's happening.

-Chris