[mythtv-users] Burning to SVCD from nuv works with latest NERO. Running 0.11 release

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 14:55:47 EDT 2003

On Monday 29 September 2003 05:32 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > Burning is the easy part.  Pretty much any of the Linux CD-writing tools
will
> > do it.  (cdrecord, cdrdao).  The k3b GUI will let you create a VCD/SVCD
from
> > a compliant MPEG stream.  It really couldn't be easier.  The problem for
me
> > has been the transcoding step -- so far all of the SVCDs I've produced
have
> > had problems with the audio, causing it to drop out after a couple of
> > seconds.
>
> Curious..  what audio sample rate are you using?  From everything I've
> seen, svcd needs 44100, and from what I've found, there is no (easy?)
> way to convert the sample rate during encoding...  I assume that there
> is SOME utility out there that will work on pcm files (which is how the
> audio comes from mythtranscode), so if someone knows of something easy
> to get ahold of, please let me know.

Aha, I see!  I use btaudio, so my sample rate is 32000.   That might explain a
bit.  There's /got/ to be something to do the downsample... I'll have a look
on Google.  I guess the thing to do would be to have nuvexport determine the
sample rate in the .nuv file, then down/up-sample as needed on the fly,
assuming we can locate the appropriate utilitiy.  Would 'sox' work?

-JAC