[mythtv-users] Burning to SVCD from nuv works with latest NERO. Running 0.11 release

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Sep 29 11:32:56 EDT 2003

> Burning is the easy part.  Pretty much any of the Linux CD-writing tools will
> do it.  (cdrecord, cdrdao).  The k3b GUI will let you create a VCD/SVCD from
> a compliant MPEG stream.  It really couldn't be easier.  The problem for me
> has been the transcoding step -- so far all of the SVCDs I've produced have
> had problems with the audio, causing it to drop out after a couple of
> seconds.

Curious..  what audio sample rate are you using?  From everything I've
seen, svcd needs 44100, and from what I've found, there is no (easy?)
way to convert the sample rate during encoding...  I assume that there
is SOME utility out there that will work on pcm files (which is how the
audio comes from mythtranscode), so if someone knows of something easy
to get ahold of, please let me know.

-Chris