[mythtv-users] Burning to SVCD from nuv works with latest NERO. Running 0.11 release

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 14:04:40 EDT 2003

On Monday 29 September 2003 04:43 pm, A Listman wrote:

> This might not be news to anyone here but I was able to burn a NUV file
> out to SVCD using Nero.   I expect that burning to DVD will also work.
> I know there are some transcoding problems with transcoding to SVCD
> within Myth (at least with the easy to install Axil Thim binary 0.11
> release which I am running) so this was a good alternative for me.
>
> The demo (timebombed) version of Nero seems to work fine if anyone
> would like to try this out.
>
> Maybe a future Myth release will include burning functions from
> within.

Burning is the easy part.  Pretty much any of the Linux CD-writing tools will
do it.  (cdrecord, cdrdao).  The k3b GUI will let you create a VCD/SVCD from
a compliant MPEG stream.  It really couldn't be easier.  The problem for me
has been the transcoding step -- so far all of the SVCDs I've produced have
had problems with the audio, causing it to drop out after a couple of
seconds.  Nero can't help with that, as all it does is image and burn.  What
did you use to create an SVCD-compliant MPEG?  I'm curious.

-JAC