[mythtv-users] Burning to SVCD from nuv works with latest NERO. Running 0.11 release

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Sep 29 10:56:32 EDT 2003

> This might not be news to anyone here but I was able to burn a NUV file
> out to SVCD using Nero.   I expect that burning to DVD will also work.
> I know there are some transcoding problems with transcoding to SVCD
> within Myth (at least with the easy to install Axil Thim binary 0.11
> release which I am running) so this was a good alternative for me.

yeah, nuvexport (the only way I know of to rip svcd) needs CVS to work.
And what kind of nuv are you talking about?  Are you saying that nero
converts rtjpeg/mpeg4 nuv files to mpeg2 for svcd burning?  Or that you
have an mpeg2-based nuv file and nero treated it just like any other
mpeg2?  Unless nero is reencoding things, you've created an xsvcd
(nonstandard svcd) and it will not work in many standalone players.

-Chris