[mythtv-users] MythChannels: new version available soon?

Kristof Pelckmans kristof.pelckmans at antwerpen.be
Mon Sep 29 11:34:32 EDT 2003

Hello Andreas,

I spend about 5 days learning perl and writing my own grabbing script, heavily
based on the Swedish grab procedure written by Stefan G:orling.

However, there is still a problem with the difference between the net number
(number used in eg xawtv) and the display number : in the states the net
numbers are whole numbers and fixed. For instance 1 = always NBC. While in
Europe, we have numbers like E3, S2, ... This means that you will not be able
to use the 1, 2, ... buttons on your remote control for choosing the right
channel. Only up and down will work.

Since apparently you tested MythChannels, do you know whether it addresses this
issue ?

Good luck !

Kristof