[mythtv-users] Re:CLE266 support in CVS

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Sep 29 10:50:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 08:48, Jamison Wilde wrote:
> I am using the CLE266 support and it works fine.  The
> only issue for you is going to be CPU with the ME6000.
>  Even though hardware decoding is done, there are
> still some CPU requirements for scaling the image etc.
>  I've found that 480x480 is the max I can go at full
> bps (8mpbs avg 16mpbs max I believe) due to this on my
> M10000(at about 50% load).  But it looks
> spectacular(better than my ReplayTV). So you may need
> to lower your bps or screen size a little to get it to
> work.  Should still be able to beat Tivo/Replay
> quality.

Thanks, sounds great. BTW is CPU load decreasing with decreasing
bitrate? Do you use a Hauppauge PVR? I cant reduce height to anything
other then 576 (full PAL). Otherwise I'll have a vibrating scanline on
the top (ivtv issue), known bug, being worked on. But I guess 480x576 or
360x576 will be fine. I use 4.5 avg, 6 max. Willing to decrease this
(hey SVCD is only 2700).

I'll keep the list posted on my progress (Have to call my retailer where
my board and case are)

Torsten