[mythtv-users] mythtv setup don't find my database

abo abo at online.de
Sat Sep 27 11:31:17 EDT 2003

Hi,

I started the mysql service and I build the initial database, but when I try
to start setup, I get the following message:
( I located mysql.txt at mythtv-0.11/programs/mythfrontend - so: where I'm I
supposed to start setup or where can I configure setup to look in an other
directory?)

talies at homer:/c/share/mythtv-0.11/setup> ./setup
Unable to read configuration file mysql.txt
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
talies at homer:/c/share/mythtv-0.11/setup> ./setup
Unable to read configuration file mysql.txt
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable open database ''
Database error was: