[mythtv-users] G400-TV problems: Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock

Andrew Prior andrew at hereafter.com
Sat Sep 27 00:17:56 EDT 2003

 Hi all,

  First off, thanks to the developers...  mythtv looks amazing and I can't
wait to get it running right.

  I've been struggling to get my G400-TV up and running with mythtv.  After
much messing around I have the TV out working fairly reliably, I can
record and play back reliably with the lavrec and lavplay programs in
the mjpegtools, and I can watch TV with xawtv in xv mode (works with
grabframe mode too).

  When I run mythtv though, and try to watch TV, the screen goes blank
and I get the following output:

--------------
Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/video - Composite
Probed: /dev/video - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video - Television
2003-09-26 22:10:23 adding: asp as a player 1
2003-09-26 22:10:23 adding: asp as a player 0
2003-09-26 22:10:23 adding: asp as a player 0
2003-09-26 22:10:23 adding: asp as a remote ringbuffer
strange error flushing buffer ...
Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock
--------------

  The program becomes unresponsive to keypresses and I eventually have to
kill the mythfrontend process.  That was on version 0.10, and when I moved
to the CVS version I got mostly the same behaviour, except that after a
while the screen goes green, and I get some channel information coming
up saying what station it thinks it's on, a description, etc.  That
slowly disappears over 10 seconds or so, then it seems to try and seek to
the next channel up.  This takes some time.  The video stays green and the
audio changes, but is always mostly static and some signal in there (not
sure if it's the right signal).

  I'm using kernel 2.4.22, the mgavideo-0.1.1b drivers, the 2.1 X drivers
from matrox, and xfree 4.2.1.

  Any suggestions?

  - Andrew