[mythtv-users] MythMusic

Robert Neel nginfo at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 07:58:54 EDT 2003

I am new to Mythtv, and to Linux (Red Hat 9) .. so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was able to load mythtv and get it configured following the installation procedures laid out in the install.  Everything appears to be working well, except mythmusic.  When I choose to rip the cd to the hard drive, it takes me to the title screen and then when I hit import CD, flashes another screen and then dies.  There are no errors that I can tell (or is there a log somewhere) and the entire mythtv interface dissapears.

I am using a Sound Blaster Audigy and PVR250 capture card.  Video is a NVidia MX400.

I did not install Alsa(sp?) - does that make a difference?

thanks!

Rob