[mythtv-users] Framebuffer on Matrox G400 DH

Jason White axtools at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:47:55 EDT 2003

I think that you are missing the matroxfb_maven module among others.
When I went down this path, I ended up just getting the source for this
version of the kernel and recompiling it just to add support for the
framebuffering.  I was hoping to just be able to load everything as
modules from the existing kernel but unfortunately couldn't get this
working (and I'm suspecting the reason is that I was missing a piece
here or there).

To make a long story short, get the source for that kernel, compile this
support into the kernel instead of as modules (and make sure that you
have all of the appropriate items selected in xconfig) and you can be up
and running pretty quickly (or as quickly as you can recompile you
kernel and modules anyhow)

Jason

2.4.20-20_29.rh9.atsmp.
> This distribution has several framebuffer modules for Matrox, found in
> directory
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-20_29.rh9.atsmp/kernel/drivers/video/matrox.
>
> These modules are:
>
> g450_pll.o          matroxfb_base.o     matroxfb_Ti3026.o
i2c-matroxfb.o