[mythtv-users] Specific steps to nuvexport (DivX format) and systemlockups

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 11:21:10 EDT 2003

I don't recall anyone experiencing this problem... a bunch of people had
problems with ffmpeg 'stalling' (it never got past video frame #3), and that
problem seems to have been resolved by downgrading to ffmpeg-0.4.6, but I
don't recall anyone else having a full machine lockup (reboot??!!).  You may
be having heat problems.

Also, why are you using nuvexport if you have a PVR-250?  Files recorded by
a PVR-250 are standard MPEG-2; you could transcode them to DivX with a
single mencoder or transcode command line.  nuvexport is mostly useful for
transcoding the Myth NuppelVideo format recordings that are ordinarily not
playable with anything else; it uses mythtranscode to 'play' the raw video
into a FIFO, which is read as raw audio & video data by ffmpeg.

If your goal is simply to be able to watch your recordings in Windows, then
you could just copy the .nuv files recorded by your PVR-250 over to your
Windows box and rename them to .mpg.  If you want to archive them in DivX to
save space, you can use mencoder, transcode, ffmpeg (but NOT through
nuvexport) or any number of Windows programs.

-JAC