[mythtv-users] I lost my preview images

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Wed Sep 24 02:48:19 EDT 2003

I had some problems w.r.t. to my machine.  It seems as if all the code
does is compare the hostname with the hostname of the system to
determine if mythbacked is local or not before generating the images.
Based on how I boot up, my IP is the same, but my hostname is either
'pvr' or 'pvr.home.reza.net'.  This confused it, and at some point added
some entries to the database such that it felt like there were two
capture cards, one corresponding to each of the hostname variants.

Go to your database, and check the cardinfo table -- see if you have one
or two in there.  Also, check your settings to make sure your hostname
matches up with the configuration.  Finally, verify that your
directories in mythweb have the proper permissions according to the docs.

Failing all that, turn on debugging (mythbackend -v all) and see
anything interesting pops out..

Reza