[mythtv-users] MythDVD will not transcode files

Arlo AClauser at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 14:43:47 EDT 2003

I have MythDVD running on gentoo 1.4 and playing dvds works fine. If I try to
Rip/encode and choose Perfect as the quality it saves a 4.6G file in my video
folder (as it should). However If I Rip/encode at the Exelent quality I get
nothing. while the rip/encode is progressing I get a directory in my /dvdrip/
folder containing the raw (4.6G) .vob file, however when it finishes "Ripping
file" it says "transcode is thinking" for a couple of seconds and then gos
back to the screen where you can "press 0 to rip a dvd".
The Folder containing the Raw file is gone and no transcoded file can be
found. I did a "find / -iname *Brother*" and found nothing. here is the log
from mtd.log

11:49:28: launching job: job dvd 1 1 2 1 -1 /mnt/store/video/ Brother
11:50:08: a client socket has been closed
11:52:12: a client socket has been opened
11:59:53: a client socket has been closed
12:00:20: a client socket has been opened
12:01:47: job finished succesfully: job dvd 1 1 2 1 -1 /mnt/store/video/
Brother
12:01:53: a client socket has been closed

thanks for any help.

-arlo-