[mythtv-users] XMLTV

Simon Starr lists at ruffest.org
Tue Sep 23 08:53:13 EDT 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 11:55 pm, s.chappell at isnsuk.com wrote:
> I have been hunting round google and such like for nearly a week now and I
> still can not get a conclusive answer to the mythfilldatabase problem I am
> having.
>
> It is redhat 9 system built with at rpms.
> Love the look of mythtv but I can not get xmltv to work. I have used
> tv_grab_uk to create the uk.xmltv file and this is the error I get
>=== [mythtv at localhost .mythtv]$ mythfilldatabase
> ----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
> parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XML/Writer.pm line 16
> getting list of channels:
>
> Copyright (C) 2001 Ananova Ltd
> www.ananova.com
> For terms and conditions of use please see
> http://www.ananova.com/about/terms.html
>
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/uk.xmltv:1: bad line
> ------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
> Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
> Failed to fetch some program info
>

> I seem to be going round in circles. Any help would be greatly received.
>
> Simon

I've had loads of trouble getting tv listings sorted as well. Although I
haven't seen anything like you've got there I could only get it to pick up
ITV1 and Channel 4.
I had to basically copy the contents of tv_grab_uk.conf into into my .mythtv/
Antenna.xmltv before mythfilldatabase would pick up the right channels.

Here's a copy of my tv_grab_uk.conf:
simon at saunton:/home/mythtv$ cat .xmltv/tv_grab_uk.conf
region 8        # HTV West
type radio
channel west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk
channel west.bbc2.bbc.co.uk