[mythtv-users] nvidia TV out picture too small

Ingo Brueckl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Sep 23 01:49:00 EDT 2003

"Gregorio Gervasio, Jr." <gtgj at pacbell.net> writes:

 GG>         Use nvtv to adjust overscan.

Thanks, this tool is really great (and produces better tv output than the
original nVidia driver). The picture doesn't fill the tv screen perfectly,
but maybe I have to play with the settings.

BTW, I have a problem to understand how the recorded / live-tv picture is
scaled.

I did understand that the picture is captured with the resolution I define
(let's say 480x480), and that the MythTV GUI scales to look alike (same
sizes) regardless what X screen size I chose, though it looks better on big
screens than small ones.

What I don't really understand is: isn't there a loss in quality when
watching the 480x480 captured tv program on a big X screen (like zooming into
a jpeg picture, for example)? Should I define a X screen sized 480x480 so
that the captured program can be played back unscaled? (Actually, I can't see
a difference on a 1900x1200 X screen, though I was expecting one.)

Ingo