[mythtv-users] Anyone familiar with Shuttle computers?

David Schornak d.schornak at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 15:41:21 EDT 2003

this is what I did with my shuttle sk41g in it I installed 512m memory two
120 gig Seagate drives a dvd rom an amd athlon xp 2400 and a win TV pvr 250.
I had trouble setting it up because Linux redhat nine could not use the
graphics card to drive my monitor at anything larger than 640 x 480 but
since this was going to hook to a TV in the end that was not a major
problem. the only  thing I have yet to get working is the 5.1 sound output
of the shuttle.  a friend of mine just bought a shuttle xpc sn41g2 and it is
a lot nicer however the Linux redhat 9 will need to have the kernel rebuilt
to handle the eth0 net card and get the nvidia drivers for the mother board
loaded it took him all weekend to do that. his system is: sn41g2 with 512m 2
120gig western digital drives and a pvr 250 also and an amd athlon xp 2500.
he will be adding a dvd rom to his when he can find a black face one.

by the way after setting my shuttle up and getting everything working I
hooked up to the TV for the first time figuring I had would have to
configure something but no when I fired up the shuttle it found no vga
monitor and switched automatically to the s-video output it was great to see
the memory test come up on the TV.
as for noise I don't hear anything from it I did mod the  case slightly I
cut the grate out of the back where the main fan blows out to make it flow
more freely.
hope this all helps

David