[mythtv-users] Lirc is driving me crazy

Andrew Prior andrew at hereafter.com
Mon Sep 22 12:09:19 EDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Graham Siener wrote:

> PS If anyone has questions on matrox g400 framebuffer stuff I'd be glad to
> help, as I think I ran into every obstacle and they're still fresh in my
> mind...

  I would *love* to pick your brains on this!  I spent most of the weekend
failing to get a G400-TV working.  This is what I'm using:

  base distibution: debian/unstable
  kernel - stock 2.4.18
  XFree 4.2.1 (I think) with mga driver downloaded from matrox
  mgavideo-0.1.0

  I've had odd bits of success.  If I don't load the mgavideo drivers, I
can get myth to run and get it's output on the TV output of my card.  But
of course xawtv won't run and I can't watch TV as there's no v4l driver
present.

  When I do load the mgavideo drivers I can get xawtv to work, watching TV
on my TV and in a window on X, but mythtv will no longer show up on the
TV output.

  I tried the newest mgavideo drivers (0.1.1b or something) but it crashes
my system.  I'm trying to compile the latest mythtv from the CVS, but
that's being more problematic than I expected.

  If you could even send me a list of what drivers/software/kernel you're
using, I would really appreciate it.

  - Andrew