[mythtv-users] Anyone familiar with Shuttle computers?

Peter Vogel peter at zaptv.tv
Mon Sep 22 18:06:07 EDT 2003

I'm thinking of building a dedicated computer for MythTV purposes based
on a "Shuttle" XPC case.

Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about these as a basis?

What processor should I choose, given that the box is only for running
Myth (with a TV card with hardware MPEG)? I don't want to spend more
than necessary but also don;t want ot to struggle.

Does the TV output need a separate output card, or can a TV output from
the graphics controller be used if the motherboard has one?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Peter