[mythtv-users] Re:RH9 Nehemiah w/ PVR-250 FE&BE distribution

Jamison Wilde jamison_wilde at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 20:44:56 EDT 2003

So everything is working now.  I didn't realize I had
to use ./test_ioctl -d /dev/video3 for ivtv if it was
listed as device 3. (For some reason ivtv as video0
with the via display drivers and v4l won't start X for
me).

The way  I made lirc work are as follows with RedHat9
w/o DEVFS & w/o I2c 2.8:
* Get ivtv working first.
* Get the latest lirc CVS code.
* Changed lirc_dev.c to remove devfs:
->From:
#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,0)
#define LIRC_HAVE_DEVFS
#endif
->To:
#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,0)
/*#define LIRC_HAVE_DEVFS*/
#endif
* setup,make & install
* delete /dev/lirc
* mknod c 61 0 /dev/lirc

That was it.  Of course it took me 2 days ro figure
that out...