[mythtv-users] PVR-250s on ebay

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sun Sep 21 12:34:24 EDT 2003

What part of Canada are you in? I am in Vancouver and the 250 is readily
available here.  I've even seen it at Future Shop about a year ago.  I bought
mine at London Drugs in August when they had it on sale for $180, their
normal price is $250.  I've seen it around town for about $210, specifically
Netlink

http://www.netlink.com

Suprisingly, it costs the same retail from Netlink as it would cost me to buy
it wholesale from my supplier ($207).

I've looked at buying one of the freestyle units, but once you factor in
exchange rate, shipping, gst and any duties (likely since the card is
probably made in China), it's almost as cheap to just buy it locally for $210
and get full warranty, retail box with remote etc. If I could get a freestyle
for say us$75, then it would be worthwhile to order a freestyle from ebay or
elsewhere. Otherwise, I'll just save and buy a second 250 once London Drugs
puts them on sale again or save and get a 350 to replace my TV Wonder.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting