[mythtv-users] nvidia TV out picture too small

Ingo Brueckl ib at wupperonline.de
Sun Sep 21 19:26:00 EDT 2003

I've set up MythTV and when running it on my computer monitor the picture is
full screen size.

When using TV out from my nVidia GeForce 2 MX-400 card (MSI MX400 Pro-T64S)
connected to my TV, the picture is a little bit too small, there are black
areas left and right the picture (and small ones above and below).

Here is what I defined in XF86Config:

   Section "Monitor"
     Identifier    "JVC AV-32WFP1EU"
     VendorName    "JVC"
     ModelName     "AV-32WFP1EU"
     HorizSync     30-50
     VertRefresh   60
   EndSection

   Section "Device"
     Identifier    "MSI GeForce 2 MX-400 (TV)"
     VendorName    "MSI"
     BoardName     "GeForce 2 MX-400"
     Driver        "nvidia"
     Option        "NoLogo"                "on"
     Option        "CursorShadow"          "on"
     Option        "CursorShadowAlpha"     "32"
     Option        "CursorShadowXOffset"   "2"
     Option        "CursorShadowYOffset"   "2"
     Option        "TVOutFormat"           "COMPOSITE"
     Option        "TVStandard"            "PAL-B"
     Option        "ConnectedMonitor"      "TV"
   EndSection

   Section "Screen"
     Identifier    "TV Screen"
     Device        "MSI GeForce 2 MX-400 (TV)"
     Monitor       "JVC AV-32WFP1EU"
     DefaultDepth  24
     Subsection    "Display"
       Depth       24
       Modes       "800x600"
     EndSubsection
   EndSection

Anyone using this card having a picture filling the tv screen? Is it a
problem with the card or did I miss configuring anything? (Do I need a card
that can do PAL mode "720x576"?)

Ingo