[mythtv-users] Some newbie questions and problems...

Christian Traber christian at traber-net.de
Sun Sep 21 16:59:42 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm new to mythtv and have some questions.

There are different recording profiles (live, default, high, low).
How can I decide which one is used for recording?
How can I use the different transcoding profiles and what will I get after
transcoding. Is the result a real mpeg4 file, that can be used with
other players or is the result another nuv file without the cut scenes?
What is the difference when I use
mjpeg or mpeg4? I always see nuv files. I'm a little confused about all
this mjpeg mpeg, nuv file formats...

Another problem is a frontend segmentation fault, if I start instant
recording.
I have this problem in 0.11 and also today's cvs (gentoo). Maybe this is
a known problem.

And finally, thanks for your great work!
I really like mythtv and I hope I can help coding in the future...

Best regards,
Christian