[mythtv-users] nuvexport toolame?, mythmkmovie need help...

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 02:37:12 EDT 2003

well I mean i'm at the stage where whatever works and gives decent quality
is perfect for my archiving purposes. It looks like it's running at a 10:1
ratio right now for encoding with noise thing on. So basicaly it will take
5hrs for 30minutes of video at full cpu load as I'm not doing anything else.
Actually I can vouch that my other computers like 2.4 P4 and even the 1.33
AMD can punch out svcd streams like this at a 2 or 3:1 ratio in windows
using TMPGENC. I've done that a few times with great results, I wish myth
would switch to a generally compatible divx format, I can't imagine that
there isn't one out there now that can do all the custom stuff the one on
myth does. That would at least let us people who use windows or even an
unpatched linux operating system the ability to playback divx files.

As far the de-interlace, I'm not sure, I'm guessing per frame, but you know
what I mean when you watch a interlaced video and any motion reveals odd and
even frames to mix and form movement lines on the screen. I can run it
throguh TMPGENC if this whole process works, but having an option in the
program would be nice, I think I just saw something like that when it
started mpeg2enc about progressive input, hmm might want to look at that.

Sweet you just updated the file, ok I'm working with it right now...not sure
it's actually working

Choose a function:  3
Where would you like to export the files to? [.]
Output filename?  [Fear Itself.avi]
No cutlist found.  Hopefully this means that you already removed the
commercials.
Audio bitrate? [64] 128
Video bitrate? [256] 1000
Horizontal resolution? [320] 640
Vertical resolution? [240] 480
Transcoding from /home/chris/video/1005_20030901210000_20030901220000.nuv to
/home/chris/video/1005_20030901210000_20030901220000.nuv.tmp
Created video fifo: fifodir/vidout
Created audio fifo: fifodir/audout
CreatedThreads
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Warning, allocating 0 bytes
Input #0, s16le, from 'fifodir/audout':
  Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 32000 Hz, stereo, 1024 kb/s
Warning, allocating 0 bytes
Input #1, rawvideo, from 'fifodir/vidout':
  Stream #1.0: Video: rawvideo, yuv420p, 640x480, 29.97 fps, 800 kb/s
Unable for find a suitable output format for 'Fear'