[mythtv-users] JBL TC1000 Remote (and other remote advice)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Sep 20 01:16:36 EDT 2003

On Friday, Sep 19, 2003, at 23:29 US/Pacific, Neil Konouchi wrote:

> My system is starting to come together (parts-wise; nothing else has
> been done yet!) I started thinking about remote controls and what to
> use
> -- I've read mixed things about the PVR-250 and its IR receiver.

Yeah, the remote is so-so, and there aren't many other remotes you can
use with its receiver.

> I've
> got an old IRMan sitting around, so if I'm not mistaken, I can use it
> with LIRC and one of my existing remotes, correct?

Correct.

> Additionally, after putting in a little more research I found the JBL
> TC1000 (http://students.washington.edu/hifi/pics/remote/JBL.htm). Does
> anyone have any experience with this remote and/or have any idea if
> this
> will work for a MythTV/PVR250 setup?

Hm. I'm not seeing it in the list of supported remotes on the lirc
site, but since it is a universal remote, at the very least, it ought
to be able to emulate one that does work.

> What are some other remote control suggestions?

This is something I'm starting to look into right now myself (I have
too many freakin' remotes...). There have been a few different ones
recommended in prior threads, so search the archive too. I like the
look of that one, because I've got a Yamaha amp, Panasonic TV, Motorola
cable box, X-Box, all specifically mentioned as working with that
remote. Barring drastic differences in my equipment from that guy's,
all I'd have to figure out is MythTV and my Technics CD changer. But I
don't really like the $350 MSRP... Anyone with recommendations that'll
work with everything I've got would also be welcome.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...