[mythtv-users] Color adjustment per card?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Sep 19 17:21:11 EDT 2003

> > My suggestion (this is what I do) would be to adjust your color settings
> > for your monitor..
> True, you do need to adjust your monitor but there are two
> other issues here. First, the v4l settings affect the picture
> before it is recorded.

sorry, I should have said "adjust colors to fit your monitor"..  I'm
assuming that the monitor would already be set correctly.  Once the
colors look good on a computer monitor, recordings should look good when
played back on a standalone (dvd/svcd) player, or on a windows box.  And
once those colors are right, then you go in and tweak the X settings.

Of course, if you never intend on watching your recordings on anything
other than your myth box, by all means just adjust the colors to fit
your tv, it's a heck of a lot easier than tweaking x, restarting x,
tweaking x, restarting x, etc....

-Chris