[mythtv-users] Re: Mythweb schedualed recordings empty dataset

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 23:36:33 EDT 2003

On Thursday 18 September 2003 09:44 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > Around line 78 of includes/mythbackend.php, 25 is the value I used, it
> > was 3 IIRC.  Here is my line as it is now:
> > socket_set_timeout($fp, 25);
>
> I'll bump it up to 15 in cvs in a bit...   25 is a bit high since php
> times itself out at 30 by default.   and if the backend isn't responding
> after 15 seconds, something's probably wrong.   And I can always bump it
> higher if people are having trouble with it at 15.

I agree, 25 seems way high.  I increased the number slowly and 22 was the
lowest to get it to work.  I picked 25 to give me some wiggle room.  It is
interesting because almost instantly the scheduled recordings output is sent
to the log file, yet mythweb doesn't seem to be getting this data in a timely
manner.  Just a quick count by hand, it takes about 4 seconds for the fix
conflicts screen to come up on a remote frontend.  That is including loadtime
though too.

Michael