[mythtv-users] xvmc and deinterlacing

Doug Miller dmiller at flcommunications.com
Thu Sep 18 12:32:55 EDT 2003

Hi, I was wondering if the deinterlace setting in mythtv is ignored if
xvmc support is compiled in.  i would really like to use xvmc because it
drops my cpu usage significantly (50% usage decoding pvr350 720x480
stock bitrate without xvmc, 25% or so with), but watching live tv with
any kind of motion was ugly to say the least.  Maybe there is a setting
somewhere I missed, but I couldn't find anything in the mailing lists
about this particular problem.  Thanks for any help you can provide.
Doug