[mythtv-users] Position saved does not save the position correctly

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Sep 18 00:05:26 EDT 2003

Naoyuki Tai wrote:
> In my case, say, I hit space and "Position Saved" appears.
>
> Hit escape to stop playing. Come back and it does not start
> playing from the last position most of the times.
>
> Could you (or someone) tell me where in the mythconverg table
> the marker is stored?
> I'd like to observe the marker's behavior.

It's the bookmark column in the recorded table.

Just to make sure, when you upgrade you need to run the database
SQL files in th mythtv/database/ . So if you went from .10 to
.11 you need to run 0.10-to-0.11.sql .

If a file is missing it's seek table (because the recording
ended early or something went wrong) the bookmark is ignored
until the seektable is fixed. You can fix it with mythcommflag .

--  bjm