[mythtv-users] Sound buffers

Vaughan Famularo peppercorn at netspace.net.au
Thu Sep 18 11:28:14 EDT 2003

Hi to all from Down Under!

Thanks to Joseph A Caputo for helping me get my Composite1 connection to
record and play as another channel. TVmyth is an astounding success and
program!!!

I do have one qeustion that someone out there may be able to help me
with though.

I intermittently get "ran out of audio buffers" errors.
If I restart everything will probably work for a while and then it will
happen again eventually etc.

I am using Alsa drivers and have a Pro sound card. A C-Port DSP 96/24 8
channel card. Running on ICE 1712 Alsa drivers.

I have the extra audio buffers selection ticked, but it has'nt changed
the error problem.
Is there a way of increasing the Audio buffers in Mandrake/Linux or in
Mythtv???

thanks in advance

Vaughan Famularo