[mythtv-users] ivtv mutes when recording in the background

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Wed Sep 17 00:20:13 EDT 2003

Replying to my own question. Apparently this is an ivtv issue. Running
"test_ioctl -u 0x3000" (setting the pvr-250 to NTSC) mutes the audio
until I run "test_ioctl -v input=1,output=1"  to set the audio to S-Video.

I assume MythTV sets the card to NTSC before recording. And this is muting
the audio. Please disregard this thread as it is more appropriate for the
ivtv list.

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at jameswhite.org                Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
                                                               -Jack Handy